July 11th, 2012 at 03:59pm brian
- This is the first time Sondheim has been performed in the Czech Republic since Jan Werich produced “A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum” 44 years ago!
- This is the best show on this summer and would be among the best even if it was during the regular season
- What the Playhouse did with a small budget and a lot of hope is something that larger companies haven’t even attempted and you would never know how little was spent on the production
- Caryn Stringer is excellent as Mrs. Lovett and the entire company is very well cast and capable.
- The movement of the set and choreography are simple, tasteful and add to the production and the understanding of such as a whole
- The Czech subtitles make it so that the experience is worthwhile even for Czech speakers.
Tickets are still on sale for the remaining 7 shows: book now at our online portal