Acting in English
UPDATE: Please visit the new pages at Acting.cz
You’ve done your time at acting school.
You’ve had some success at castings.
You may have even broken into Czech films.
And now you’re ready for more.
How do I take the next step?
You need to be confident that you can act in English. Prepare yourself for working in England or America before you leave home!
Starting in April/May 2010, Brian Caspe, an experienced American actor and acting teacher, together with Vivid Casting will be offering an exclusive course to help Czech actors get comfortable working in English. The course will be focused mostly on on-camera work with a lot of emphasis on listening, speaking and interacting in English. We will work primarily with film texts and getting performances that are built for the screen — not for the stage. Not only will your feel more comfortable picking up any text in English and going to an audition, you will have the tools you need to make get the job.
Why should I sign up?
- Work on your English: spoken and reading comprehension, listening and understanding, accent and phrasing
- Learn about the acting business beyond the Czech Republic: agencies and casting directors, promo materials
- Work intensively on screen acting technique: get performances that are built for the screen — not for the stage
How do I join?
- To apply for the class, please send a headshot and acting CV to email@example.com by April 10, 2010.
- Auditions will be shortly after April 10, 2010. Acceptance into the class will be made on the basis of acting ability, level of English fluency and willingness to learn.
- In order to get an idea of your level of English and acting, you need prepare a 1-2 minute monologue in English (one will be provided for you if you do not have one).
- Half of the course fee must be paid upon acceptance into the program and the rest must be paid at the first class.
- Please visit the new pages for this class at Acting.cz.